Unsolicited Exhibition Proposals
Unsolicited exhibition proposals for both the Vision Gallery and Chandler Center for the Arts Gallery are accepted for jury bi-annually during the months of January and June. Interested artists are encouraged to contact gallery staff prior to submission with any questions they may have. Gallery staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 480-782-2695
Artists interested in being considered for exhibition must submit the following, collated into a
single PDF, to email@example.com.
- Up to 10 digital images of artworks
- Artist statement, resumé (including contact information), and biography
- Narrative of up to 500 words explaining your exhibition concept, background, and any important details If the PDF is too large to send, artists can send a link to a folder on dropbox, google drive, or a similar cloud-based service.
- Incomplete and improperly formatted applications may not receive a response
- Small group exhibitions including 2-4 artists in different media organized around a common theme are more likely to be accepted than solo exhibitions. This benefits both the gallery and the artists as it attracts a wider variety of viewers, but still allows the artists to display a cohesive body of work, as opposed to individual objects.
- Solo artists may still apply, but will be considered for both group and solo exhibitions.
- The quality of your images matters. Make sure your photographs are in focus, well lit, and with a plain background. It is possible to take good photographs with your phone, but if you have a better option – use it!
- We do not have a budget for shipping artwork. If you live outside of Arizona, it may be quite costly to get your artwork to and from the gallery.